ESP32-PICO-KIT V3 Getting Started Guide¶
This user guide shows how to get started with the ESP32-PICO-KIT V3 mini development board. For description of other versions of the ESP32-PICO-KIT check ESP32 Hardware Reference.
What You Need¶
- 1 × ESP32-PICO-KIT V3 mini development board
- 1 × USB A / Micro USB B cable
- 1 × PC loaded with Windows, Linux or Mac OS
ESP32-PICO-KIT V3 is a mini development board based on the ESP32-PICO-D4 SIP module produced by Espressif. All the IO signals and system power on ESP32-PICO-D4 are led out through two standard 20 pin x 0.1” pitch headers on both sides for easy interfacing. The development board integrates a USB-UART Bridge circuit, allowing the developers to connect the development board to a PC’s USB port for downloads and debugging.
The following list and figure below describe key components, interfaces and controls of ESP32-PICO-KIT V3 board.
- Standard ESP32-PICO-D4 module soldered to the ESP32-PICO-KIT V3 board. The complete system of the ESP32 chip has been integrated into the SIP module, requiring only external antenna with LC matching network, decoupling capacitors and pull-up resistors for EN signals to function properly.
- USB-UART Bridge
- A single chip USB-UART bridge provides up to 1 Mbps transfers rates.
- All the pins on ESP32-PICO-D4 are broken out to the pin headers on the board. Users can program ESP32 to enable multiple functions such as PWM, ADC, DAC, I2C, I2S, SPI, etc.
- Micro USB Port
- USB interface. It functions as the power supply for the board and the communication interface between PC and ESP32-PICO-KIT V3.
- EN Button
- Reset button; pressing this button resets the system.
- BOOT Button
- Holding down the Boot button and pressing the EN button initiates the firmware download mode. Then user can download firmware through the serial port.
Start Application Development¶
Before powering up the ESP32-PICO-KIT V3, please make sure that the board has been received in good condition with no obvious signs of damage.
To start development of applications, proceed to section Get Started, that will walk you through the following steps: