Matter is a unified IP-based connectivity protocol that is designed to connect and build open, reliable and secure IoT ecosystems. This new technology and connectivity standard enables communication among a wide range of smart devices. Matter supports IP connectivity over Wi-Fi, Thread and Ethernet.
Espressif’s SDK for Matter is the official Matter development framework for Espressif’s ESP32 series SoCs.
We have put together a series of blog posts that introduces various aspects of Matter. We recommend that you go through this Espressif Matter Blog.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Developing with the SDK
- 3. Matter Certification
- 4. Production Considerations
- 5. Security Considerations
- 6. API Reference
- A1 Appendix FAQs
- A1.1 Compilation errors
- A1.2 Device commissioning using chip-tool
- A1.3 Device crashing
- A1.4 Device not crashed but not responding
- A1.5 QR code not rendering
- A1.6 Onboard LED not working
- A1.7 Using Rotating Device Identifier
- A1.8 ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘lark’
- A1.9 Why does free RAM increase after first commissioning
- A1.10 How to generate Matter Onboarding Codes (QR Code and Manual Pairing Code)
- A1.11 Chip stack locking error … Code is unsafe/racy
- A1.12 Firmware Version Number
- A1.13 Stuck at “Solving dependencies requirements …..”